Thursday, April 21, 2011

Still Smiling...

1600 miles in 4 days, and SO worth it! 

With MJ's return from National Outdoor Leadership School (NOLS) intersecting with VEISHEA at ISU, the kids all decided to rendezvous in Ames last weekend. Not to be left out, Bruce and I jumped in the van at 6 a.m. on Friday and made the trek to Iowa. My heart is still full. (OK, my rear end is still feelin' it too.) Had a wonderful time catching up with each other, eating junk food, picnicking in Pete & Amy's apartment in Urbandale and praying for each other for all of our new adventures.

Michael has decided to stay in Iowa instead of coming to TN for the summer. (Amy trimmed up the mountain man so he can job hunt!) We think that's a great plan since most of his network is in Iowa. Down here he would only know us and I'm guessing it would get pretty lonely. Or at least boring.

The house is down to 61 degrees - I'm wearing a coat and have a blanket on my lap. I refuse to turn the furnace back on. I figure I'm storing up the cool for when the weather turns off hot. It's insane - fluctuating from 90 to 46 degrees and everywhere in between, punctuated by thunderstorms and tornadoes. So make up your mind already!

1 comment:

  1. What a good looking bunch! Enjoyed our time with you!

    ReplyDelete