Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Hiatus

I've decided to take a hiatus from the blog. A really great blog gets updated daily, or at least several times a week, and I am not quite narcissistic enough to think that the world is waiting breathlessly to know what I've been up to or have been thinking. I also think photos punch it up a notch, and frankly, I'm too lazy to keep it fresh. So, I will be taking a break until I find myself motivated to make meaningful posts.

Made a quick trip back to Iowa last week to help The Iowa Orphan celebrate his birthday. While driving to Iowa City on roads that could be driven unconsciously because of their familiarity, I had the thought, "I know I'm driving North...but in Tennessee I'd be going South." My inner gyroscope or compass or whatever it is, has been permanently ruined. I will be lost to the cardinal directions (or is that ordinal?) forevermore. Sigh!

Have been snubbed by the local pet shelter as a volunteer, and only recently received a reply from the local elementary school in response to my offer to volunteer, so I can only assume that God has something else up His sleeve. Makes me laugh, because pet shelters will generally take anyone who breathes. I figure they lost my paperwork. Regardless, I'm eager to see what's around the corner. God is always leading somewhere. The verses I'm memorizing are from Isaiah 43:18-19, "Do not call to mind the former things or ponder things of the past. Behold, I am doing something new! Now it springs forth. Will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, rivers in the desert." Good stuff - keeps my heart in the right place.

Reading John Piper's Don't Waste Your Life. Well worth it.
Cheers to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment