Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Getting in the Groove

So my kids think I'm busier than they are - well, maybe this week I am.

We had house guests Sunday night through yesterday, which was lovely. Tonight Bruce and I went to a Christmas concert, "Behold the Lamb" by Andrew Peterson (http://andrew-peterson.com/index.php). Wonderful musicianship, poetic lyrics and powerful tunes, altogether enjoyable.

I contacted a woman who hosts a monthly book discussion/potluck group in her cottage. The next gathering is tomorrow night, so I'm on for that.  Made some cranberry salsa today (thanks, Em) so the flavors will be melded by tomorrow night. The January book is actually one I borrowed from our Muscatine neighbor the day before we left (Three Cups of Tea) so I won't have to scrounge up a copy. I asked the hostess if the group was just a front for an excuse to eat out - she howled with laughter. Busted!

And Friday night is the Nutro Christmas party somewhere in downtown Nashville, so this will be my first foray into the city. Hope our ideas of "dress up" match!  If not, I'll be more comfortable than they will. :) For sure, it will be an event for the Garmin.  The Nashville Christmas parade starts at the same time as the party, in close proximity. Detours are guaranteed.

I have been exercising my first and foremost right - that of choosing what I dwell on, one of the few things in life over which I have a bit of control. I am pushing through melancholy and home sickness with the realization that what I rehearse in my mind impacts my day. It has been a marvelous comfort to remember God's faithfulness and goodness.  Couple those truths with a mug of Earl Grey tea and it's almost grounds for a celebration!

No comments:

Post a Comment