Monday, May 9, 2011

Little by Little

So I wimped out and stuck fake flowers in the planters outside our front door. Actually there are still some pansies there, but they are starting to think it's getting hot out. When they croak completely I'll put more greenery in. I just want the place to look cheerful, but it's a tough spot - a bit dark.
And we (I use that term loosely) tore out the overgrown and poorly shaped privet hedge on the north side of the house, planted some low shrubs and put in stepping stones, thus eliminating the "tunnel of scratch" and mud.  You can see what it used to look like in the bottom photo. The neighbors also have a tangle of overgrown shrubs, so it was not attractive at all. (That's putting it mildly.) Little by little we are gaining on the yard work - and I'm not complaining since Bruce and I have always enjoyed planning and executing landscaping.

My big challenge this week is living intentionally and fruitfully when I don't have a lot going on. My attempts at landing employment have been futile, but I understand that this is not time to be wasted, nor is it necessarily a "bad" time just because it isn't what I wanted. So I'm trying to learn all I can during this period of "waiting." (Man, I hate waiting for anything. Ack!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment