Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Sorry, Iowa

I saw that it's 93 degrees in Muscatine today. Bummer. That's hot for May, and especially since you were probably wearing mittens last week. Hope your lettuce doesnt' bolt on you. We are only at 88 degrees here, and I have finally succumbed to turning on the air conditioning just to keep the humidity out of the house. The tomato on the patio is basking in the sun, soaking up those therms.

My accomplishment for the week has been nailing down a dentist and ophthalmologist and making appointments. Eventually I'll have to find an oncologist and family practice doctor, but I'm half-blind from trolling the insurance provider website and finding online reviews on the physicians. It was much easier finding a person to cut my hair.

Starting a summer book read with a group of women - Sinclair Ferguson's In Christ Alone - Living the Gospel-centered Life.  Looking forward to it, and I'm confident it will beat the last book I read for book club. I've been in the group long enough that I could be honest and say I didn't like it, thought it suffered from anachronisms, trite platitudes, unrealistic events & thought processes, and caricatures instead of well-developed characters. Can you tell I'm not a fan of lazy fiction? I do, however, love a wicked sense of humor and I have several other books on the lamp table begging to be read. Ah, must finish the project list first!

No comments:

Post a Comment