Monday, May 23, 2011

Not my goal in life...

Meet the bathtub. 
I've never used it, and can't imagine the circumstances that would warrant my interest in doing so. So for now, I simply keep it dusted and free from the occasional insect that has the misfortune of getting caught in its slippery-sided recesses. It's just not my goal in life to keep it dusted - I think it would be a grand place to put the washer and dryer and use the laundry room for something else. But, in light of the nebulous phrase "resale value" I will continue to do the upkeep.(I'm a woman who keeps a bucket by the shower to catch the cold water that runs until the hot water arrives from the water heater on the other side of the garage - I use the water for the plants & shrubs. Why would I use 50 gallons of water in the tub???)

I am finishing up my project management work and have been dragging my tail about it, having a funeral of sorts. Last week was gray and dreary, and I worked on my final 2 projects. You didn't want to hear from me last week, trust me. I wasn't in a happy place. However, on Friday, I got a swift kick in the seat of the pants in a variety of ways.
1.  Heard a rebuke: "You sound like you're just sitting in the sandbox waiting for someone to come by and rescue you." (Ouch!)
2. Talked to a neighbor who told me (over my thoughts about taking a watercolor class) "You need to take that wishbone and turn it into backbone." (Double-ouch!)
3. Read Psalms 37 and heard, "Trust in the LORD, and do good; Dwell in the land and cultivate faithfulness."
OK, I think I'm getting the message. Time to stop sucking my thumb and get myself out of the sandbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment