Sunday, March 20, 2011

Heat Wave

Unseasonably warm this week - the neighbors have their AC on, but we don't. I just shut the furnace off 3 days ago, and there seems to be something really wrong with running both the heat and AC on the same day.  I took the opportunity, though, to sand some outdoor furniture we inherited with the house. It's made of an Australian timber called jarrah, and should look pretty good once I get it sanded down and finished.(I thought it was teak, but I was wrong.)  Anyway, wore my Maui shirt out in the sunshine. I've never been to Hawaii, but I'm a good enough friend that I got the shirt.

Tried out the grill today and I'm restraining myself so I don't run out and start buying plants. Last frost date is April 15 here, and we aren't there for almost a month. Besides, we don't have a landscape plan in place yet. But I did dump some bags of dirt to fill in a low spot in the yard, so it medicated my need to garden.

We visited different churches last weekend and today. I think we're getting a bead on where we may land. I'll keep you posted. It's been an interesting, discussion-filled process, and Bruce and I have not been on the same page too often.

My journal is filled with thoughts, things I'm learning, and things I'm wondering about. I heard in a commercial today that the average person has 3000 thoughts every day. I'm pretty sure I have that many by 10 a.m.  I'm also checking out "Frownies" to see if I can remove the permanent look of scrutiny I have developed. The wrinkles don't go away anymore - PermaCrease has set in. Over 50!

No comments:

Post a Comment