Saturday, March 12, 2011

OK, I'm back

Vacation was wonderful.

Got to see another part of this new state of ours - the side with the mountains and plethora of tourist traps devoid of meaningful entertainment (OK, my sister wanted to know what I did to deserve to be sent to "a tourist hell hole"). The wonderful part was hanging out in a mountainside cabin with 3 other couples, eating wonderful food, laughing until we almost had to get out the Depends. These are Bruce's people from the Shelby County 4-H County Council days some 35 years ago. He still has his jacket, as seen at right.  I was not kidding when I said the man never throws anything away. Anyway, it was worth some laughs when he showed up at the airport wearing it. And I am grateful to be grafted into this crazy, funny, thoughtful group.


Our van did well on the steep and curvy mountain roads, even loaded with 8 adults. One group vehicle had a water pump issue, so for a day or so we had the whole group traveling in ours while the other was being repaired. "Community" at its finest. And Bruce and I were feeling pretty smug since we took a lot of trash talk from our offspring last fall for purchasing another minivan. We told them we wanted a people hauler - and I guess we got one!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure it was Emily and Michael giving you flack. I can't remember ever talking back or questioning anything you did.

    ReplyDelete