Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Yard Work

We've had some lovely days, but as I've said, we were told to not get used to it. But seizing the moments, I've been trying to get at some yard work, and have put considerable effort into cleaning up the "back boundary" of our property which abuts a school yard.  I have collected all manner of trash, bottles, wrappers, discarded planters and yard waste, and a few toys. I also wielded a lopper and cut down vines, branches and volunteer scrub trees. Can't tell you how relieved I was to wake up and not find myself covered in poison ivy blisters.


Also discovered, next to the poured patio, a small hole that I enlarged to make a larger hole (noted at right). I wondered what might be living down there and Bruce thought maybe a ground squirrel.  Made me wish for our cats. But never mind, it was a hole and I let it go, UNTIL the next day when I watched a snake go down the hole. OK, now we have a problem. I am ready to back the cement truck up to the patio and pump concrete down the hole and seal it off permanently. Overkill, you s'pose?

Current musing: my default mode is arrogance against God. What I can't control, I worry about. What I can control, I generally become presumptive about and act on auto-pilot.

Seeking to be yielded, trusting and grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment