Friday, February 4, 2011

New Growth

I'm dreaming of spring.

Even though I have no hope that there is anything interesting planted in our new yard, I figure I can walk the beautiful neighborhoods when things start blooming. (OK, there is snow predicted 3 times in the next week, but as I said, I'm dreaming.)

These sweet jonquils and their rock friends are from our Muscatine yard (I would expect that the flowers will have multiplied over the last year since they were new last spring).  In a way, gardening is a good metaphor for my life these days - I'm taking stock of "soil conditions and amount of sun" and planning toward maximizing what we've been given here both in our yard and in our lives. I love spring and the excitement & beauty of new growth. Same goes for the potential as The Master Gardener does some digging and planting in us.

No comments:

Post a Comment