Wednesday, February 2, 2011

So Wonderful!

Had a truly amazing weekend during which I was able to connect with most of my siblings, my parents, and Pete, Amy & Emily. All on dry roads and on-time flights. :) The big event was a surprise birthday party for my youngest brother, Jerry, whose head-on-a-stick you see poking out of a fern on my buffet. (Had way too much fun with those!)

The greatest surprise, however, was my discovery that although I dearly love all of these Iowa-based people, I was eager to return "home" to Tennessee and Bruce.  Total shock to me. I didn't expect to wake up Sunday morning with the thrill that I was going home. (Had nothing to do with the fact that I spent Friday night on my brother's couch and Saturday night on my parents' couch.) I'm grateful for the transitioning of my heart.

Looked out the window this morning and discovered several mourning doves, a flicker, a chickadee and a pair of cardinals poking around in the back yard. First time I've seen such an assortment - usually it's just been the undesirable and numerous robins. The chickadee and female cardinal were within four feet of me, both having landed on the teak furniture on the patio. Ah, another gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment