Thursday, January 27, 2011

The War is Over...

...but in looking at the shelves at the Williamson County library, one can't be sure.

There are hundreds of books in the stacks on the Civil War, including numerous tomes entitled "Why the South Lost the Civil War" and  "Strategic Blunders by the Confederate Army" and at least 50 books about Gettysburg. I was amazed by the display. (There was a terrible battle in Franklin in which six generals were killed, the most in any single conflict, but those accounts must have been checked out.) I picked up one about the underground railroad and another exploring the roles of Southern women during the Civil War. I also picked up a book on Southern humor because there are some things I just don't "get" yet, including "fishin', grits, and yer mama."

Discovered that my very favorite paint in the world (Pittsburgh Paint's Grand Distinction) is, in fact, a store brand label of Porter Paint. So the good news is that I can get that wonderful quality paint that I used to purchase at Menard's, but the bad news is that it's $20 a gallon more at the Porter Paint Store.  Hmmm...let me know if you're coming this way!

No comments:

Post a Comment