Monday, January 10, 2011

In the Air!

Though Tennessee is suffering from almost total paralysis under the 3-4" of snow we received in the wee hours (and 12" south of us), nonetheless, Michael boarded a plane at O-Dark-Hundred hours this morning and after a bit of a delay, appears to be en route to Tucson via Denver (with every possibility of making the connecting flight) for his NOLS semester. It's finally here! Seven months of getting up at 4 a.m. to head off to a factory job, all for the joy of this opportunity.

Bruce thought it rather fun to drive the sparsely populated, snow/slush-covered four lanes of I-65 by himself at 4:00 this morning. I am betting my allowance that he drove faster than prudence would allow, so I am glad I was home on the computer checking flight status. For sure, he was the first guy at work this morning. Good thing he ate a banana on his way out the door. It's a long time until lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment