Thursday, January 13, 2011

Dumplin's & Fixin'

Yes, I received an impromptu call from a new friend who suggested we have lunch today, so instead of the pork barbecue I was hankering for, I deliberately chose the Noon Special, Chicken 'n Dumplings. I would have taken a picture of them, but have you ever SEEN dumplings?  I suppose they would look worse cold than they do hot, but they aren't much to look at. And I am pretty sure that every one of those big doughy lumps went straight from my stomach to stick on my hinder parts. But I have now been initiated (and hands-down, I'd vote for my mother-in-law's chicken and homemade noodles any day of the week!).

The other night I heard my husband of 27 years say that he was "fixin'" to do something. I turned around and hissed, "fixin'? FIXIN'? You're FIXIN' to do something???" For crying out loud! We've only lived here 60 days! I think he said it on purpose. Really.

Well, we're into Day 4 of snow days. Yep, we had 4" of snow on Sunday night and the chilluns have been playing all week. I've seen the country roads and when they're icy (not to mention they are already narrow, curvy and hilly) the buses just can't go out. Bring on the babysitters and videos, I guess. But for me, my response is to just turn the setting on my heated van seat on High when I'm tooling around town. Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment