Thursday, March 24, 2011

Versatile

Yep, my trusty Pampered Chef mini serving utensil can serve as a putty knife, spackle blade, just about anything, in a pinch. This business of not having a workshop anymore has put a crimp on our organization - many of Bruce's tools are still boxed up in the garage, but we're working our way around the issues. Today I moved Christmas things from a closet to the garage attic and reassigned the extra chairs that had been stored behind our bedroom door to the freed up closet space. We're still learning to live in this differently-appointed space.

I was reading a really great book last week - truly inspirational - until I got to the chapter I refer to as the "dog poop in the brownies"...one of those super-nice people who do wonderful things in the world in the name of Jesus, but thinks Jesus is just another option. The philosophy was fairly camouflaged but the guy showed his cards about halfway through the book. I must say I was sad. I know he grew up in the deep South and was disillusioned by the church - he is a person of tremendous influence, but I'm truly sorry about his theology. I'm sorry he lost confidence in the Way and the Truth and the Life because of lame people, and even sorrier that he's telling people that the Son of God is an "also ran." 

I can only say, "Don't eat the brownies."

No comments:

Post a Comment