Saturday, November 13, 2010

Curious

I'm trying to use up the food in the freezer, and yes, I thought it was curious that the ground beef patties I was cooking smelled like bacon.  They hadn't turned into a weird science project or freezer burned into something unrecognizable. They were plain old burgers but I could detect an unusual, distinct woody-smoky aroma.  I kept bending over to smell them, trying to determine if they really were the source. I even checked to see if I had scorched the front of my vest, but it was fine. And that was when I spotted the wooden spoon under the edge of the pan, resting up against the burner, smoking away.  Really was a nice touch!

The cats were vocal and excited that Bruce came home today - especially since he brought really yummy cat treats. It's one way to ensure a warm welcome. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment