Monday, November 1, 2010

White Rabbit

Today is the first day of the month, which means it is time to say "White Rabbit!" first in order to win. You don't really win anything, except bragging rights for having been first. I got Bruce with a text message between flights this morning, and think Pete will stumble on to the blog and get nailed, maybe Amy, too.  Em is taking written prelims today, so no chance of her coming up for air. (MJ can go several days without noticing that we are now in a new month.)

Sometimes I don't even say it. Sometimes I soap it on the bathroom mirror, or send an email with a pic. This was a particular favorite of mine - the white rabbit that was really a black rabbit and I added the message, "You've been duped."  Another fun one was the time I put a little pile of black beans on the floor in their rooms with a little note by the pile that said "White Rabbit," or maybe "White Rabbit was here." Don't exactly remember right now, but it was a ton of laughs. (If you're thinking those people are easily amused, you're right!)

2 comments:

  1. This is absolutely the dirtiest way you could have ever communicated "white rabbit". I'm so ashamed of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Momma Jo! I will someday pull the bean trick out like in 15 years when our kids are like 11 and they understand! I can't wait to hear the laughs that I imagine you heard as they woke up. Love you dearly and I am so very excited to be in your presents in 9 days!!! It's a weird feeling, like anxious, hope you feel the same. Love always, Amy Arentson :)

    ReplyDelete