Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Final Push

I didn't post yesterday because it was a sad day for me and I don't like to bleed in public.

Today my hair looks good, I'm wearing colors that make me happy, and most significantly, I spent enough face time with Jesus to get some badly-needed perspective. It was a BEAUTIFUL day yesterday, with blue, blue skies, gorgeous trees - our subdivision was just plain lovely. I was feeling the loss acutely, of leaving friends, our home that embodies so much sweat equity and tender care, our cat companions of 12+ years and leaving familiarity, identity and "known-ness". Today I have the courage to embrace the pain that loss brings, in order to gain the benefit and growth that change brings. One day at a time!

So I'm almost finished cleaning out, and yesterday was the day to tackle the leftover malaria and parasite-induced diarrhea meds from various world travelers, the outdated cough syrup, aspirin and eye ointment.  The triple antibiotic ointment had an expiration date of 2003, but it seems to have been working fine the last time we used it. I was pretty amazed by the collection I accumulated.  (Took it to a local pharmacy for proper disposal, for those of you who were hoping I didn't flush it and thereby add it to the local aquifer. )

My thanks to Peggy who came and completely fumigated the hall bathroom yesterday - now that is a labor of love!



No comments:

Post a Comment