Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Stars!

I've been told by more than a few people that there are a lot of recording stars living in the Franklin area. But they weren't on my mind this morning as I walked to the mailbox to get a few more details cared for by virtue of the U.S. Postal Service.

There was fall crispness in the air this morning before the sun was up, with just a sliver of the moon left in the sky. Orion, the constellation that graces the southwest horizon at this time of year was twinkling over the trees on the bluff.  And then it hit me like a ton of bricks - I'm going to be living in town now and I won't be able to see the stars as well because of all the street lights!  Ack!

I'm more enamored by the stars of the heavens than by the ones who make a living by entertaining people. However, a friend of mine challenged me to not be a reverse snob - to discount people just because they are famous.  So I'm open to loving stars...all of them!

1 comment: