Sunday, October 17, 2010

5 minutes

Five minutes - that's how much time I had to spare making my connection in Memphis this morning. The plane in Nashville got off 1/2 hour late with mechanical issues and I already had a close connection for my flight out of Memphis to Moline. So glad I made it - otherwise my 3-1/2 hour journey would have stretched into 14 or 16 hours since the only other flight into Moline drags in late tonight.

Arrived home to rake leaves, water plants and get mid-month bills in order. Tomorrow I'll start sorting in earnest. Funny thing, down-sizing means we are going to have less stuff, so some stiff-lipped, cold-hearted pitching is in order.  (NOT THE HARLAN LETTER JACKET AND FFA AND SHELBY COUNTY 4-H JACKETS!!!!) I'm seriously thinking one of the bedrooms is going to have to be Bruce's man cave. He can store the past 30 years of receipts in there too. And the ISU memorabilia and his collection of Kent trucks. And the computer desk he refuses to part with. Might have to put the TV and treadmill in there too. There you go - the room is completely outfitted. 

That was easy!

1 comment:

  1. Hi "notjomomma" - greetings from Harlan! Darlene told me about your blog this morning at church. I had to laugh when I read today's blog. I can certainly tell my husband and yours are related. :-) We're excited for your move and this new chapter in your lives. May God use you mightily in the Nashville area! Blessings to you, Nancy S.

    ReplyDelete