Saturday, October 16, 2010

The inhabitants

Truly, folks here are friendly.

In burning up a tank of gas in my neighborhood cruising I've been invited to join garden clubs, Bunko groups, reading clubs and to become walking companions. I've met Canadians, Floridians, and women from Alabama and South Carolina. They all read the "Southern Hospitality" manual and know how to use it. Nice!

Our Realtor is a tiny Korean, and 200% sheer adrenalin. Kim has worked hard for us - and made me understand that I don't think I would ever want to be a Realtor and deal with the head cases like me who are trying to adjust to a new life and find a house at the same time.  Amazingly, she hasn't killed me off yet in her frustration and remains ridiculously cheerful and upbeat.

Today Bruce and I prefaced our day's house hunting with an early, quick trip to the Carnton Plantation - I discovered the beautiful drive up to the house and Confederate cemetery yesterday on my gas burning excursion. I don't think I oversold it to him - Bruce enjoyed it as much as I did. Our new best friend is definitely the Garman. The streets of Franklin look like they were designed by a spider smoking reefers.  I'm still praying that God will heal my sense of direction - it is totally broken right now, with West is East and North is South. Ack!

We're heading out to play this afternoon. It's beautiful out - the trees are in raucous color and we both will benefit from their soul-healing beauty. Yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment