Wednesday, October 27, 2010

What to do? What to do?

I told a friend this morning that I have been making decisions non-stop for 45 days, and I find it exhausting. I don't have trouble sleeping at night!  Today's dilemma:  Should I keep the fondue pot or chuck it quickly before the ESI truck gets here?  Last time we used it, for a "fun" and leisurely small group gathering, the guys groused so much about having to wait for each piece of meat to cook that I finally grabbed the bowls of meat and stir fried the beef and chicken just to shut them up. The fondue fiasco has become the poster child for bad group gatherings.  I have such fond memories of gatherings around fondue pots in the 70s - is life too busy and instant now?

I'm also trying to decide what to do with the card table and chairs - the table no longer smells like formaldehyde from the time we dissected baby pigs on it (thank you, Steve Love) and the seats fall off the chairs only if they are handled roughly. And I need to find out whose tub of dress up clothes still remain in the store room - definitely college-looking stuff, including black wig, farm caps, a lovely white robe and other miscellaneous items.  Dance Marathon, perhaps?  Claim it, kidlings!

No comments:

Post a Comment