Monday, October 18, 2010

SO not fair!

How come, with all this stress, Bruce lost 6 pounds and I GAINED 3?
It's just not right, I tell you! Something is twisted and diabolical in this universe.

Must be the 3 weeks I've spent in front of the computer doing recon work. I've looked at 200 houses online and researched dozens of other things. I've always told Bruce I would fare better than he would under siege. My clothes would still fit me long after he's wasted away to nothing.

Speaking of clothes, today I hung the James Sterling 1967 paper dress (complete with bag and floppy hat) out to air. It was packed away, a gag gift from my mom who pulled it out of a box and sent it to Bruce and me for our 1st wedding anniversary. I kept it in a cedar-lined trunk for 25 years, and think it is totally suitable for Emily for Halloween. If it were in pristine condition it would be worth $100 to someone who wanted it. (That's a big "if.")  I just wanted to be fair and tell you that Bruce isn't the only person who has squirreled away questionable stuff over the years. I'm tackling some of my own treasures before I go after someone else's.   Is that like taking the plank out of my own eye before pointing out someone's sliver?


Still trying to make a deal with  the sellers - I've discovered that "home" is where Bruce and I are, not an address. It was hard for me to leave him down in Franklin, and I'm eager to join him again soon, hopefully in a house - but I told him years ago that I'd live in a cave to spend life with him, and I still mean it. (Although indoor plumbing would be a definite plus!)

No comments:

Post a Comment