Thursday, October 14, 2010

Need Rain? Call 1-800-BRUCEJO

It's true - just ask my folks how many times we've traveled to Bancroft for a weekend and the weather turned off poorly - either rain or snow. Or we went to the cabin of friends and wound up with snow (in October) or rain. Or the time we took the kids to Backbone State Park in mid-September and there were record lows (33 degrees) and rain so we had to sleep with the oven on, its door open, to stay warm.

And now, here in Franklin after 6 weeks of drought, we've apparently brought thunderstorms and overcast skies. I'm sure folks here were glad to see the rain, but it surely put a damper on looking at houses, not to mention getting outside to walk and explore. I'm starting to feel paranoid, but not nearly as much if we had come down here in early May when they had 17" of rain and record flooding!

So house hunting has turned up zeros so far.  We are grateful for the people who are praying for us and evidently keeping us somewhat sane. I am continuing to survive my identity crisis, the constant need for a compass - there are NO straight roads here - and "every day is a bad hair day."  I should have gotten a haircut before I left  Muscatine but I just didn't have time.  (This is about as girly as I get - I'm having a hair emergency and I broke my deodorant and had to use Bruce's Old Spice (sorry Pete - I know that grosses you out) but no ambulance is necessary.) I'm aware of a calming peace in the middle of all this chaos.

God is good and I know the story ends well!

No comments:

Post a Comment