Thursday, October 21, 2010

My Reason for Being Thankful Today

See, I can safely post this because I know Michael never reads this blog - he's living the adventure with me and he hates being given redundant information. Here he is in our disastrous "storage room," wearing Bruce's old FFA jacket, which Bruce declares, "fits MJ perfectly" although I have put a dashed line to show where the jacket actually hits him - the rest of the dark color is his t-shirt.  And you also can't see that if he flexed his muscles at all, the fabric would shred right off his shoulders.

I am so grateful for this young man who has really "manned-up" with Bruce gone, hauling dirt, raking leaves, cleaning out the gutters, muscling heavy stuff up the stairs, and remaining kind and gentle when I'm having a meltdown. He hauls himself out of bed every morning at 4:00 to put in his hours at a local manufacturing plant and comes home to help me with whatever project I'm working on. He's good company at mealtime, too.  He takes off for National Outdoor Leadership School in January, so he'll be living with friends in Muscatine for a couple of months. The timing has been wonderful, to have him here, "for such a time as this."

What an incredible blessing he has been in this segment of our journey - my reason for being thankful today.

No comments:

Post a Comment